20% performance of improvised music including computer accompany
25% paper analyzing performance
35% DAVIS : computer accompany system (see github repo)
20% electronic music composition
The part here is the 35% computer system & code.
Develop synthesis component of system
- Pick a language to use (probably Max/MSP)
- Pick a couple of well documented techniques for singing (not speaking) synthesis.
- Complete some implementations of these techniques.
- Write a few simple melodies to test with my prototypes.
- Pick whichever prototype I'm happiest with and continue tweaking it.
Finish analysis component of system
- Make documentation/comments more consistent
- Test the current parameters and adjust them (ex. hard-coded note lengths)
- Edit the API to handle the MFCC values in a less clumsy way (in case I want to use much more than four at a time)
- Begin compiling sources, both technical and more conceptual
- Experiment with LaTeX.
- Write parts of the draft that represent the work I've done so far.
- Continue writing about further development as it occurs.
- Finish terminal-based GUI for "f" with curses library
- Complete final version of outline
- Complete initial version "Q"
- Rough draft of paper