Wind Energy Toolkit 2
- Desired credits : 4
- Tutorial description: This purpose of this tutorial is to see to the version 1 completion of the Wind Energy Toolkit: a Python implementation to the University of Massachusett's Mini-Codes. The project includes industry standard unit testing, documentation, packaging, a graphical interface, and implementation of the toolkit algorithms for data analysis and turbine design testing.
- What exactly do you want to study? Creating production level code and creating a useful tool made to be accessible to others.
- How does this relate to your plan and/or other course work? The fruit of this tutorial will complete the project portion of my Plan of Concentration.
- What resources have you identified? (e.g. books, articles, websites, experience, ...) The Wind Energy Handbook written by the faculty of the Wind Energy Center at UMass Amherst plays a role in understanding the mechanics used behind the algorithms I've been implementing. The original Visual Basic source code has of course been an integral part. Programming resources have included community resources such as StackOverflow.com, Reddit.com/r/python, and the NumPy and SciPy list serves.
- What will be the gradeable products, and on what schedule? (e.g. projects, programs, papers, tests, ...) The software itself, as seen from a user's perspective, the source code, documentation, and stability of the software.
User Manual and API Documentation
I've uploaded drafts of the user manual and the api documentation.
Update: I've uploaded a very rough draft of the paper along with the current revision of the software. If you try to install it, let me know if my setup script is configured correctly. :-)