Welcome to Electricity and Magnetism, Fall 2008
- Time: Tuesday/Friday, 1:30 - 3:00
- Text: Understanding Physics (Part 3) by Cummings et al
- Course Overview: This is an intermediate level introduction to the physics of electric and magnetic phenomena. Topics will include electrostatic forces, electric and magnetic fields, induction, Maxwell's equations, and some DC circuits.
- Assignments and Grading: Weekly homework problem sets, a midterm, and a final exam. Final course grades will be based on the following weighting: 25% for homework, 25% for the midterm, 35% for the final exam, and 15% for class participation.
- Attendance is expected. Remember that 15% of your grade will be based upon your class participation.
- Late work will not be accepted without prior arrangement.
- Prerequisites: General Physics I and II, and math through multi-variable calculus (perhaps concurrently.) If you have any questions about this please come see me in my office (Sci. 210)
- See 'syllabus' on left navigation bar.